Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Home of Dr. Ring
Description Elkin. Home of Dr. J.. W. Ring, Terrace Ave., Elkin ca. 1908. Note wooden bridge and electric light. Electricity was brought to Elkin in 1898, and for a while it was the smallest town in the country with electric lights. Members of the Ring family are in the background, and two children are standing by the bridge in the foreground.
Subjects Houses
Bridges
Boys
Girls
Men
Women
Horses
Electric lighting
Search Terms Elkin
Terrace Ave.
Ring Family
Classification Historic Sites
Date ca. 1908
Collection Elkin Historical Collection
Condition Good
Print size 8" x 10"
Catalog Number 2005.2.119
Provenance This picture was loaned to the Surry County Historical Society for scanning and cataloging. It remains a part of the Elkin Historical Collection.
Credit line Courtesy of Elkin Historical Collection
Custom Field 13 0.0