Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title White Sulphur Springs
Description White Sulphur Springs, lawn. Information on back of picture reads, "Site of famous summer resort of late 1890s and early 1900s. Huge white frame resort hotel famous for food and pleasure, burned in 1955. Sulphur Springs was long a favorite picnic site and place of early camp meetings. About 3 miles north of Mount Airy on #108." Picture taken for 1976 Bicentennial.
Subjects Resorts
Search Terms Mount Airy
White Sulphur Springs
Classification Historic Sites
Date 1976
Collection Minick Collection
Condition Good
Print size 5" x 7"
Catalog Number 2001.1.0446
Provenance This item was part of the personal collection of local historian Ruth Minick. It was donated to the Surry County Historical Society at the time of her death in 2001.
Credit line Courtesy of Surry County Historical Society
Custom Field 13 0.0