Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Dodson Mill
Description Dodson Mill. The mill ground wheat for flour and corn for corn meal. It was located on Dodson Mill Road between 268 and 52 - on Toms Creek off what is now Cook's School Road. It was in operation in the 1870 census, and probably was open until the 1920s. It was owned by John Clayborn Dodson, and by his sons after his death in 1891. Photocopy from an old Winston-Salem Journal newspaper.
Subjects Abandoned buildings
Mills
Search Terms Dodson Mill
Classification Mills
Year Range from 1939
Year Range to 1940
Collection Broughton Collection
Condition Fair
Catalog Number 2004.2.036
Provenance From the files of Pansy Broughton.
Credit line Courtesy of Surry County Historical Society