Museum logo

Photo Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Glace House
Description Hwy 268, Pilot Mountain. Glace house, built by Kenneth and Frances Glace, of rocks brought from the Pilot Mountain. Frances was the daughter of John Beasley, who owned the mountain, which is why they had access to the rocks. Picture was made during 1930s, when the house was under construction. The house was torn down around 2005 to make way for commercial structures.
Subjects Houses
Stone buildings
Search Terms Pilot Mountain
Glace House
Classification Architecture
Year Range from 1930
Year Range to 1939
Collection Broughton Collection
Condition Good
Print size 6" x 8"
Catalog Number 2004.2.031
Credit line Courtesy of Surry County Historical Society